Do you enjoy working with diverse groups of people and have a passion for working with youth? Do you want to grow your career, be challenged and realise the potential in you and others around you?
Connecting Communities Wairarapa is seeking an enthusiastic, vibrant young person to fulfil the role of Youth Social Enterprise Broker who will run our CoLab project.
The role will support young people to develop a social enterprise business model through a series of workshops and the creation of a Strategic Youth Team.
What you need:
- Experience working with young people and an ability to motivate others
- An ability to facilitate meetings
- Exceptional organisational skills
- An ability to write reports and be proficient with social media
This is a fixed term contract for 7 months at 16 hours per week.
For a full job description, please email email@example.com
Applications can be made by emailing a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 18TH DECEMBER, 2017
The finer details:
CoLab is a project that catalyses Wairarapa youth to develop a social enterprise business plan. Under the direction of the Youth Development Coordinator, Connecting Communities Wairarapa, and in accordance with the goals and outcomes of the CoLab project, the Enterprise Broker will be responsible for implementing workshops and training with youth.
The workshops and training will include organising key speakers to educate young people on social enterprise and what it is, the benefits, and why people establish social businesses. Young people will also have the opportunity to discuss the social and/or environmental issues that are relevant to Wairarapa youth.
At the conclusion of this, a business plan will identify a social business young people believe will be viable to establish.
What you will do:
As the Youth Social Enterprise Broker you will find young people who would like to be involved in workshops to develop a social enterprise idea.
To do this you will need to get the word out to schools and to local Wairarapa youth with advertising, social media and great messages to motivate and engage our youth. You will be organising the workshops, from who will be facilitating them, to where they will be held and all the small details to ensure they are run successfully.
At the end of the workshops, you will help to create the Strategic Youth Team from the young people who have been involved and who would like to continue with the social enterprise planning.
With this team, and with the support of mentors from our community, you will create the business plan and identify possible sources of funding to have the social enterprise ready for lift off!
Throughout this process you will be supported by our Youth Development Co-ordinator and the CoLab Partnership Committee. You don’t need to know how to do a business plan, you just need the ability to engage the right people to help and the ‘can do’ attitude to achieve it.
It will be vital to the CoLab project that the enterprise broker be empathetic, have a cultural understanding and experience, be able to coach and empower young people and have an open mind.
We are looking for someone who has…
- An ability to courteously and sensitively interact with others and relate to a diverse community.
- Is comfortable and capable when working with Māori and Pasifika people and demonstrates commitment to the Principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Can work with young people to identify their needs and support their personal growth.
- Can demonstrate an ability to mentor young people.
- Is able to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Has demonstrated an ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer literacy.
- Experience of office management systems and procedures.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise work.
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.